Monday, May 9, 2011

1 day to go...

or perhaps she'll linger a little longer.  Baby Mairead has yet to make an appearance and my body has yet to produce signs that it is happening anytime soon.  May 10 is the projected due date, but we know that it is just a projection, doesn't mean its defiant.  Micah was due on July 19 but ultimately had to be forced out and he made his appearance on the 30.  After speaking with my doctor the reality is that while there is still a chance she will come this week we will be likely making the appointment to induce for next week.  I will have my appointment to see just how much, if any, I have progressed in the last two weeks.  I will most likely have to go in the night of the 17th in order to "ripen" the cervix and then start the pitocin to induce contractions on the 18th.  For those that know me that is my birthday! So I will be the lucky momma to share her birthday with the first Davis daughter.  I am actually really excited at that prospect. If she is indeed the only daughter I end up having we will have a very special day to share together.


While it may be disappointing to still be pregnant the day before and possibly after my due date, the bright side is that I have been able to accomplish my school work.  As of today I only have to put the finishing touches on my last research paper and take a Biology Final-an essay quiz. Ultimately, I have been blessed in being able to have the time to get what I need done and to have been able to do it well.

That being said...

here's to waiting to hold her in my arms.

No comments: